Christmas 2016 Order Deadlines
The following applies to Ready-to-Ship items. Due to order volume, we are no longer taking custom orders for Christmas delivery.
As Christmas day falls on a Sunday this year, to receive your Ready-to-Ship item(s) by Friday the 23rd (or Saturday the 24th), please observe the following deadlines and required shipping methods for timely delivery. It is your responsibility to order in time and with the correct shipping method.
All times are in Pacific Standard Time (PST)/Los Angeles, California USA Time
- Thursday 12/15, 5PM PDT — Choose FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery* or faster service
- Friday 12/16, 5PM PDT — Choose FedEx Express Saver or faster
- Monday 12/19, 5PM PDT — Choose FedEx 2-Day A.M., 2-Day, or Overnight
- Tuesday 12/20, 5PM PDT — Choose FedEx Standard/Priority/Standard Overnight
* FedEx Home Delivery is Tuesday-Saturday; Home Delivery does not deliver on Monday.
FedEx Saturday Overnight or 2-Day delivery may be available to certain zip codes. If you need Saturday delivery, please contact us with your zip code and needed delivery window. Please note Saturday delivery incurs an additional $20 charge on top of the 2Day or Overnight cost, is only available with certain services (First Overnight, Priority Overnight, 2Day), and may not be available for all addresses.
See below (under Domestic Shipping) for more detailed descriptions of FedEx Delivery Times.
Accepted Forms of Payment
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, JCB & Diner’s Club
- PayPal – Instant bank transfer, credit/debit card (Note: PayPal eChecks take 4 business days to clear which adds a week to order processing times)
We do not accept payments by mail, so please do not send personal checks or money orders.
We currently only ship to the confirmed billing address of the credit or debit card used to pay for the order. We also cannot change your delivery address after an order has been placed.
If you have a special circumstance in which you need your order shipped to an address other than your credit/debit card’s registered billing address (e.g. you receive your bank statements at a P.O. Box but require FedEx delivery), please email us before placing your order and we will make arrangements for you.
We apologize for any inconvenience, but this is a temporary necessity in the interest of fraud prevention.
7.50% California Sales Tax is charged on all orders shipped within California. This amount will be calculated at checkout after entering your shipping address.
Order Processing Time
- Pre-Made Items ship out in 1-2 business days.
- Custom Items are made to order before we ship them. The estimated ship-out time is selected when you add products to the cart.
If your order contains pre-made and custom items, all items will ship together when the custom items are complete.
Business days are Monday – Friday and do not include holidays. Orders placed after 5PM EST are considered received next business day.
U.S. Postal Holidays
We observe the same federal holidays as the United States Postal Service (with the exception of the Friday following Thanksgiving), so please account for the following holidays when calculating order processing and delivery times.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday of January
- Washington’s Birthday – 3rd Monday of February
- Memorial Day – Last Monday of May
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Labor Day – 1st Monday of September
- Columbus Day – 2nd Monday of October
- Veteran’s Day – November 11th
- Thanksgiving Weekend – 4th Thursday of November + Following Friday
Expedited (Rush) Processing
Custom orders can be expedited if you need them shipped out faster than the standard service time. Service options are selected when adding your custom items to your shopping cart.
Please note that Expedited Service fees are not the same as Express Shipping cost. If you wish to have your item shipped via express shipping methods after it is made, please select Express Shipping at checkout.
Do not place an order and ask us to cancel it if it cannot be delivered by a certain date. It is your responsibility to order the necessary service and shipping options to make your deadline. If an order must be canceled because you ordered too late, payment transaction fees we incur from processing your payment will not be refunded.
Please refer to the Custom Orders page for more information.
It is your responsibility to ensure that all measurements and information submitted with your order are accurate. If some of your measurements seem particularly disproportionate for your horse’s breed, we will email you for confirmation with instructions for remeasuring. To prevent delays to your order, please respond as soon as possible.
For delivery outside the United States, see our International Delivery page.
NEW! We now offer FedEx. To see available options and rates for your area, please add the item(s) you want to the shopping cart and click the “Calculate Shipping” button, select and enter the requested information, and click “Update Totals” to see the options for your zip code.
U.S. Postal Service
We offer Priority Mail via the United States Postal Service (USPS) for fast and affordable shipping. Priority Mail usually arrives within the estimated 2-3 business days, however, USPS does not guarantee the delivery date. On occasion, Priority Mail can take longer — as long as 1 week, and on rare occasions 2 weeks.
If your order is urgent, we offer FedEx 2-Day and Overnight delivery.
Please note, even on ready-to-ship items, the earliest ship-out date is next business day due to the cut-off time for same-day pickups in our area.
Below is a brief description of services offered by FedEx – Please note that not all services are available in all areas. If your order is very time-sensitive, please make sure you select the correct services for your required deadline. Please refer to descriptions of services on the FedEx website for more details on guaranteed delivery dates and times.
If you are in a remote area, delivery times are usually later than for non-rural areas. We recommend checking with FedEx (1-800-Go-FedEx) if delivery time is very important for your order.
Approximate deadlines, subject to change. Please refer to FedEx for very time-sensitive deliveries.
- First Overnight – Earliest available morning delivery between 8:00-9:30 AM for most areas, and 10:00 AM to noon for extended areas; Saturday delivery available at extra cost
- Priority Overnight – Next earliest available service, delivery by 10:30 AM for most areas, as late as 5:00 PM for rural and remote areas;Saturday delivery available at extra cost
- Standard Overnight – 3:00 PM for most addresses, 4:30 PM for rural areas, 8:00 PM for residential and remote areas
- 2Day AM – 10:30 AM for most addresses, around noon for rural areas
- 2Day – around 4:30 PM for most areas, 8:00PM for residential, Saturday delivery at extra cost
- Express Saver – 3 business day delivery around 4:30PM, 8:00 PM for residential
- Ground – 1-5 business days within the contiguous U.S.; 3-7 business days to Alaska & Hawaii
- Home Ground – 1-5 business days from Tuesday-Saturday; 3-7 business days to Alaska & Hawaii
Please Note: We cannot be responsible for courier delays that result in a shipment not arriving in time for your deadline. For this reason, we encourage you to place your orders early and not wait until the last minute.
Tracking is included on all shipments. Please note that it can occasionally take up to a day for online tracking data to appear. Please also note that we sometimes process shipments during nights and weekends, but your package will not ship out until the next business day.
USPS vs. UPS/FedEx
We have utilized USPS primarily for 10 years due to the affordability of fast delivery. Most of our orders shipped via Priority Mail are delivered within 2-3 days of shipping out. USPS delivers on Saturday at no extra charge.
A signature may be required on orders we deem too valuable to leave unsigned for as they are often the result of days of work on our part. We may therefore require a signature upon delivery. Please order early so that there is time for you to pick up your package at the Post Office or arrange for re-delivery.
Waiver of Signature on Express shipments is available for U.S. orders under $200 if your order is so urgent as to leave no time for pick-up or re-delivery. However, please only check this option if absolutely necessary and if the location where USPS will leave your package is secure.
Notice of Attempted Delivery
If your package does not fit in your mailbox (most items are too large to do so) and your mail carrier does not deem it safe to leave it or a signature is required, it is your responsibility to pick up your package at the Post Office or arrange for re-delivery. If an item is returned to us as a result of not being picked up or delivered (15 days after the attempted delivery), costs for re-shipping to you will be incurred. Orders are not returnable due their custom nature, so please make sure you pick up your packages or schedule a re-delivery within the 15 days.