Please read the entire product description instead of just looking at pictures. Almost all questions we receive about antlers can be answered by reading this page.
To find out the price of custom antlers select all the options you want and click "Add to Cart".
WishPony.com now has a new and improved repertoire of incredibly realistic reindeer antlers for your horse or pony available for custom order. Our reindeer antlers attach easily to both halters and bridles and come in a range of custom colors, styles and sizes.
Each pair of antlers is meticulously hand-sculpted and shaped from wool dyed in our own studio, and slightly unique so whether you dress one horse or a team of horses, everyone will know your antlers didn't come out of a factory.
Perfect for Christmas, Epiphany, winter rides, Halloween, parties and photos. Antlers are soft and lightweight, making them safe for both horses and people. Suitable for use with horses under saddle or in harness.
If you are planning a special holiday ensemble, consider a set of custom barding or floral wreaths in Christmas colors to go with your reindeer antlers.
Wear alone or with our Darling Steed Barding, Medieval barding, or Santa Hats!
Prices depend on your selections of size, color and other features. To see costs, scroll down to the option menus, select the features you want and click the "Add to Cart" button. The shopping cart will calculate the cost.
On Shipping Time
These antlers are custom made according to your many selections. Standard service times is approx. 10 business days (about 2 weeks) before shipping out. Expedited service of 5 business days before shipping is available if you need them shipped out sooner. Actual shipping time (after we finish making the antlers) depends on your selections: Priority Mail usually takes 2-4 business days (but not guaranteed by USPS), Express Mail usually takes 2 business days (guaranteed by USPS).
Regarding choice of antler size, color and position
Antler size is really a matter of taste, as deer shed and regrow antlers every year and adult deer can be seen with both small and large antlers. However, for better visibility, we recommend at least a Medium size on larger horses. Antler color also varies from deer to deer so simply choose the color which goes best with your horse's appearance or of the color theme of your costume.
The model in the photos is Mininature Horse sized, measuring 38 inches from center of chest to rump. The sizes modeled in the photos are as follows:
- Main/1st Photo: Extra Large Grey Pointed
- 2nd Photo: Large Ivory Rounded
- 3rd Photo: Small Grey and White Palmate
- 4th Photo: Small Ivory Pointed (with Santa Hat and Christmas Barding)
- 5th Photo: Small Ivory Pointed (side view)
- 6th Photo: Extra Large Grey Pointed (back view)
- 7th Photo: Large Ivory Rounded (back view)
- 8th Photo: Large Brown Rounded (with Red & White Roses Browband Wreath)
- 9th Photo: Large Brown Rounded (side view)
Accessories sold separately
If you will be driving horses hitched side by side or riding in a crowded environment, we recommend that you order a moderately sized Fore-and-Aft pair of antlers to avoid rubbing against another horse, which may damage antlers.
Extra-large antlers are intended for calm and mild-mannered horses and will look very impressive (especially if your horse is large). If you need antlers for an active event opt for smaller antlers which are lighter and more stable (and cost less to ship). Please exercise common sense in deciding what sort of activities your horse and antlers will be capable of undertaking.
For fit and stability, please obtain the following measurements for your order:
- Browband -- Measure across brow to and from lower edges of cheekpieces.
- Browband to Crownpiece -- Measure vertically from center of the lower edge of browband to center of back edge of crowpiece. Estimate for halter without a browband.
Current Available Custom Options
Sizes and Positions (Dimensions are approximate as antler branches are slightly adjustable)
- Small Fore-and-Aft: 6" (height) x 7" (width)
- Small Side-to-Side: 6" x 12"
- Medium Fore-and-Aft: 8" x 10"
- Medium Side-to-Side: 8" x 14"
- Large Fore-and-Aft: 10" x 12"
- Large Side-to-Side: 10" x 16"
- Extra Large Fore-and-Aft: 12" x 14"
The wool is hand-dyed in our studio.
- Gray and White Marble
- Brown and White Marble
- Brown with Growing Moss
Antler Base Colors (Choose color closest to horse)
- Ivory with Grey
- Flattened (Palmate)
- Attachable Red Velvet Santa Hat with soft marabou trim
- Attachment Options
- Plastic Coated Wire -- More convenient and stable, simply wrap around halter or bridle
- Clear Straps -- More discrete but may not be as stable for larger antlers, need to unbuckle bridle or halter to slide straps on
Care and Usage Instructions/Recommendations
Custom Service Time
This is a custom item with a regular service time of approximately 10 business days. If you need your item more quickly, Expedited Services are available at additional cost. Scroll to the end of the page just above the "Add to Cart" button to see and select available Service Options for this item. Click Here More information
Side-to-Side antlers cost more to ship due to greater breadth. If you wish to pay less for shipping, we recommend ordering Fore-and-Aft antlers. Naturally, smaller antlers cost less to ship.